Friday, May 20, 2011

The Wedding Party

Hello to our lovely family! Here is the "dress code" for the wedding party:

Little Girls: Sydney, Saidey, Sophie, Samantha, Kezra and Emily.
The Little Girls will be wearing turquoise tulle tutus which I will be making in the next month or so. I will need two measurements to do this: 1- Their waist: just below the belly button (where the tutu will sit on their hips). 2- From the hip (the point of the previous measurement) to the top of the knee.
For under the tutus the girls will each need a pair of black leggings/stretch pants that go to about mid-calf or just below the knee. Preferably with the cute lace on the bottom hem :)
For their top, I just want a plain black shirt. Maybe a scoop or v-neck.
For the shoes I thought they could all just wear little black flat slippers or something. Unless you girls find something turquoise, totally adorable and in all sizes, I would love that too!
I haven't looked for any of these things in the stores or online but if you would like my help I can definitely help you find the top and the leggings. I just thought they would be pretty easy to find and would match just fine if you all did it separately.

Little Boys: Trevor & Samuelito
I will take care of the ties for the little boys. So what they will need is black dress shoes, black slacks, a white short sleeve button-up shirt and black suspenders. I have found suspenders for the men for only $6 online so I can look for the little boys too if that is necessary. Please let me know if you would like for me to do that.

Fathers: Sam & Clay
Please wear a black suit with a white shirt underneath and black shoes. I will be ordering all the ties online. The cost for the tie is $6.95 plus tax and probably a little bit of shipping.

Mothers: Patrice & Lilia
Our lovely mothers… I am not exactly set on any specific thing for you to wear. I do however have some ideas and maybe we could all go shopping together to see what we can find that will fit nicely along with everything else. I am hoping for a bold black and white print dress with a turquoise scarf or something. Let’s all get together on this one and make something work. I want to know what you think.

Brothers: Phil, Kyle, Joe, Sam N., Zach, Humberto, Brian, Sam, Daniel & Michael
You men will all be wearing black slacks, white long sleeve button up shirt and black shoes. You will also need the tie that I am ordering online and some black suspenders (preferably cross back with silver clips). I have found the ties online for $6.95 + tax & shipping. I’ve also found suspenders for $6 + tax online. If you won’t need suspenders because you already have some or you will be borrowing them from someone please let me know by JUNE 3. Otherwise I will just order both for you and your total cost will end up being about $14-$15 for both the tie and the suspenders.

Sisters: Monica, Michele, Cynthia, Heather, Holly, Heidi, Carolina, Ilsy & Jessica
Ladies, ladies… I am not exactly sure what to do with you either. I mostly am just thinking of the same thing as our moms: bold black and white print with a turquoise scarf or accent of some kind. I really want know what you think. I would LOVE to make you each a cute skirt and you could just wear a black top of your choice. Would that be okay with each of you? Maybe everyone could pitch in on material or something. I seriously would love an awesome sewing project like that. Skirts are my favorite thing to sew! Let me know your opinions please!

Young Ladies: Kayla, Katherine & Valerie
I have found an ADORABLE black dress online at Target.com. I hope there are still the needed sizes left because it is on clearance for only $13.95! If that is not available I would like to either keep looking or I could make something for you. What do you and your mothers think?

If anyone has a problem paying for anything please let me know and we will see what we can work out :) Or if you have a problem with anything at all just let me know.
I would like to hear from all of our sisters to see what you think about me making skirts for you all.
Please get back to me via e-mail: tennile2005@yahoo.com or you could just call me or just comment on this blog post.

2 comments:

  1. I have a black and white skirt I made a while back if you remember it. It's striped up and down with a bow on the waist . (bow doesn't really show?? or do you want a different geometric pattern???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey T! Love the idea of this blog, it's really helpful and makes me so excited for the big day!
    I really like the idea of you making us skirts (as long as you don't think it will be too much work for you)! That way we will all match and it will be pretty easy to find black shirts. I would be fine with giving you money for fabric too. Like this idea, but I will wear whatever you want us to! :)

    ReplyDelete